Going on an excursion on foot is one of the most enjoyable and easiest ways of surrounding yourself by nature and at the same time living it to the full as you notice even the smallest of details. Not only is it a wonderful way to regain your mental and physical strength, but if you do it within the protected areas of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park you will do so in complete safety.
It is important however that you bare in mind that all types of territory present some risks and that only good planning and a careful preparation of the paths beforehand will enable you to get the best out of nature and any outdoor activities envolved therein and prevent you from incurring in any risks.
Federparchi, with a vast information campaign, has applied "12 golden rules" that if you respect when you follow any of the paths within the protected areas will ensure you do so in complete safety:
1. Choose the route depending on your physical and technical strength
2. Study the weather forecast carefully and set off only if you are sure it will be good.
3. Tell others where you are going and when you expect to be back
4. Wear appropriate clothing based on the temperature and time of year
5. Wear appropriate shoes or boots with a thick sole
6. Have all you might need in your backpack even in the case of an emergency but don't carry too much weight
7. Never leave the path and always follow the signposts
8. Use a map or a GPS (even on your mobile) so you can check exactly where you are from time to time
9.Make frequent, short stops for a drink or snack
10. Always behave in a responsible manner and never throw stones, disturb the animals or other excursionists, never light a fire etc...
12. Should you have an emergency or need help dial 112 or 118; then try to remain in contact and stay where you are.
By taking part in this information campaign aimed at keeping excursionists safe, the Tuscan Archipelago National Park has made several informative videos concerning possible risks, how to avoid them, backpack, equipment, weather forecast, maps, and what to do should you have an accident.
Do you want to book your holidays in time but you’re afraid of unexpected events (such as Coronavirus)? Insure your holidays with ElbaOK!
Infoelba non si assume alcuna responsabilità per l'uso di marchi e slogan usati dagli inserzionisti e per eventuali errate indicazioni.
Informa inoltre che i listini prezzi, orari, date o altro materiale informativo pubblicato su questo sito è suscettibile a variazioni.
:: Siete quindi invitati a chiedere conferma alle strutture interessate ::
©1999-2023 Infoelba s.r.l. Unipersonale - Viale Teseo Tesei, 12 - Centro Servizi Il Molino - 57037 Portoferraio (LI)
P. IVA e C.F. 01130150491 - capitale sociale €10.000,00 i.v. - registro imprese numero 01130150491 - REA: LI - 100635